News and Events
Fall 2011 Seminars
All seminars are held in 102 Chemistry Building from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
on Thursdays unless otherwise noted.
- Download the Fall 2011 seminar schedule.pdf - Updated on 10/21/11
Thursday, September 15th
Professor Steven Schiff
Thursday, September 22nd
Professor William Schneider
Thursday, September 29th
- Department Chair and Professor
- William Velander faculty web page
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- "The Interface Between Hemostasis and Inflammation: Improving Healing by Tissue Engineering"
Thursday, October 6th
Associate Professor Michael A. Bevan
- Michael A. Bevan faculty web page
- Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Johns Hopkins University
- "Colloidal Interactions, Dynamics, and Assembly on Energy Landscapes"
- Bevan Lab Website
Thursday, October 13th
Professor Bartosz A. Grzybowski
Thursday, October 27th
Assistant Professor Mohammad Reza Abidian
- Mohammad Reza Abidian faculty web page
- Department of Bioengineering
- The Pennsylvania State University
- "Advanced Nanobiomaterials for Multifunctional Neural Interfaces"
- Abidian Group Website
Thursday, November 3rd
Professor Shekhar Garde
- Shekhar Garde faculty web page
- The Howard P. Isermann Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- "Water at the Interface of Chemistry and Biology: A New Perspective on Hydrophobicity"
- Shekhar Garde Research Group Website
Thursday, November 10th
Randy L. Vander Wal
Thursday, November 17th
Associate Professor Arul Jayaraman
- Arul Jayaraman faculty web page
- Artie McFerrin Department of Chemical Engineering
- Texas A&M University
- "Inter-kingdom signaling in the GI tract: There's a lot of talking going on..."
- Arul Jayaraman Research Group Website
Thursday, December 1st
Professor Anatoly Frenkel
Thursday, December 8th
- Mike and Jean Steffenson Professor
- Brent Shanks faculty web page
- NSF Engineering Research Center for Biorenewable Chemicals (CBiRC)
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Iowa State University
"Biorenewable Chemical Production through a Generalized Platform
Employing Biological and Chemical Catalysts"
- NSF Engineering Research Center for Biorenewable Chemicals