The Department of Chemical Engineering moves to swing space

09/13/2016

The Department of Chemical Engineering has moved out of Fenske Laboratory as plans for the new chemical engineering and biomedical engineering building unfold.

Fenske Laboratory, named after former chemical engineering department head, Merrell Fenske, was opened in 1960 and has been home to the department since. This month, the building will close as preparations are made for the new chemical engineering and biomedical engineering building, a 194,000 sq.-ft. facility set to open in 2019, that will be constructed on the lab's current site.

During construction, all occupants of Fenske will be moved to alternate locations. For the most up-to-date list of office locations, please visit http://che.psu.edu/department/faculty-staff-list.aspx.

To learn more about the new building project, visit chemebiomedbuilding.engr.psu.edu.

 

Share this story:

facebook linked in twitter email

Fenske Laboratory opened in 1960 and has housed the department for over five decades.

 
 

About

The Penn State Department of Chemical Engineering, established in 1948, is recognized as one of the largest and most influential chemical engineering departments in the nation.

The department is built upon the fundamentals of academic integrity, innovation in research, and commitment to the advancement of industry.

Department of Chemical Engineering

119 Greenberg Complex

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802-4400

Phone: 814-865-2574