Master of Science in Chemical Engineering
Students with a B.S. in a Non-Chemical Engineering Discipline
- Minimum number of total credits - 30.
- Minimum number of course credits in Chemical Engineering and in related fields of science and engineering (400 and 500 series) - 21. (excluding Ch E 590)
- At least 12 of these 21 credits must be Chemical Engineering 500 level courses. These must include Ch E 524 (3), Ch E 535 (3), and Ch E 544 (3).
- Any course presently required of P.S.U. Chemical Engineering undergraduates, or courses equivalent to these courses, is excluded from these 21 credits.
- Approved 400 level Chemical Engineering courses are listed on the check sheet.
- Graduate Student Colloquium. M.S. graduate students must register for Ch E 590 one Fall Semester and one Spring Semester during their tenure.
- Participation in Chemical Engineering Departmental Seminar (no credit) is required each semester the student is in residence.
- Completion of all 400 and 500 level credits with a grade point average of 3.00.
- Completion of a written thesis and its oral defense.
- Competency in the following areas must be shown by either taking courses or examinations:
Updated on 07/22/14