Calendar for Student Action
(M.S. to Ph.D.) and (B.S. to Ph.D.)
Additional Requirements for scheduling Final Oral Dissertation Defense
- Residency requirement: Between admission to the Ph.D. Program and completion of the Pd Program. You must spend at least 2 semesters (summer not included) as a full-time student.
- Have 3 months elapsed between the comprehensive and the final oral?
- Continuous registration requirement: Have you been registered continuously each semester beginning with the semester following the passing of the comprehensive examination?
- The final oral examination must be held within six years of the date the comprehensive examination was passed. If more than six years have passed, a second comprehensive examination must be given before scheduling the final oral examination.
- Time limitation. All requirements including submission of the thesis must be completed within eight years of the candidacy date.
- No missing or deferred grades can appear on a student's transcript when the final oral dissertation defense is scheduled.
- No more than 12 credits of thesis research (600/610) may be assigned a quality letter grade. Any credits over this maximum must be changed to 'R' before a student will be permitted to graduate.
Updated on 12/16/11