The Purchasing Card (Pcard) is a VISA credit card issued through the department. The card provides a fast easy way to purchase items.
An updated purchasing card support form has been posted on the right-side menu. This updated form is the only authorized Purchase Card Support Form that will be accepted starting immediately. Any unauthorized version of the form turned in, will be returned to the Purchaser to redo the documentation.
This is a "University" wide directive and the customized versions will no longer be accepted.
You may also download the form at: http://guru.psu.edu/forms/2-19PurchasingCardSupportPORTfrm3.pdf - Opens a new window.
Acquiring a Pcard
- Get advisor's approval.
- Go to Pcard website.
- Read all policies and procedures.
- Read tutorial and take the quiz.
- Complete Designated User Form once quiz is passed.
- Return Designated User Form to Mary Jane Smith - 133 Fenske Lab.
Using the Pcard
Complete the Pcard Form and attach the receipt. Sign both and turn in to Mary Jane Smith - 133 Fenske Lab.
- Pcard is tax exempt.
- Your card will be suspended if receipt is not turned in within 30 days of the purchase date. If this is a recurring instance the card will be canceled.
- There is a $2,000 per transaction limit on each card. An order cannot be split into two transactions to circumvent the system.
Lost or Unattainable Receipts
If receipt is lost call the vendor to get a faxed copy. If the vendor cannot provide this, then the Lost or Unobtainable Receipt Form should be completed with appropriate signatures.
Travel and the Pcard
View the Chemical Engineering Travel Page for information
- Advances of Cash
- Alcoholic Beverages (non-Group Meals)
- Live Animals
- Consulting Services
- Cylinder Gases
- Entertainment Expenses
- Capitalized Equipment
- Maintenance Agreements
- Meals (non-Group Meals)
- Calling Cards
- Personal Purchases
- Purchase Agreements
- Radioactive Material
- Rentals (for property)
- Services (non-corporate)
- Temporary Expenses
Object Codes Guidelines
- Eberly College of Science object code guidelines web page - Added on 03/28/11
Frequently Used Object Codes
Below we have listed some object codes which are regularly used on our purchasing card support form.
- 301 - Office Supplies (Not on Federal Funds)
- 303 - Laboratory Supplies
- 309 - Miscellaneous Supplies
- 322 - Postage
- 323 - Cellular Services
- 329 - Meeting Expenses
- 331 - Registrations (Meetings and Conferences)
- 332 - Group Meals
- 336 - Travel In State
- 337 - Travel CONUS
- 338 - Travel OCONUS
- 339 - Travel Intercampus
- 345 - Books, Periodicals, Videos
- 363 - Miscellaneous Fees Expense
- 391 - Honorarium
- 393 - Personal/Professional Services
- 411 - Purchased Services and Awards
- 414 - Printing and Copying
- 452 - Software up to $100,000
- 453 - Moving Expense
- 454 - Memberships (No Institutional Memberships on P-Card)
- 459 - Non-Computer Equip Up to $4,999
- 480 - Computers $4,999 and less
- 710 - NonComputer Equipment Purchases $5,000 and over
- 716 - Software $100,000 or more
- 751 - Computer Equipment Purchases $5,000 and over
Page reviewed on 04/26/12, Top of page