Dow Professor James Vrentas | Research
- Diffusion in polymers.
- Theoretical analysis of Fickian diffusion.
- Theoretical analysis of non-Fickian diffusion.
- Theory of diffusion and antiplasticization in glassy polymers.
- Sorption in glassy polymers.
- Polymer Rheology.
- Solution of non-Newtonian flow problems.
- Formulation of rheological constitutive equations.
- Study of strain-coupling effects in nonlinear viscoelasticity.
- Mathematical analysis of bifurcation and stability in free convection.
- Formulation of perturbation solutions of moving boundary problems.
- Analysis of laminar flows of Newtonian fluids.
- Development of solutions for diffusion-reaction problems.
- Analysis of transport effects in low pressure CVD reactors.
- Mathematical analysis of laminar dispersion in a tube.
- Diffusion controlled polymer dissolution and drug release.
Page reviewed on 01/26/11, Top of page